Thursday, September 10, 2015

What was done last week?

Last week, I did research on what has been done on ATNs in both San Jose and in various parts of the world. I attained a better understanding of what ATNs are and what needs to be improved in the current model that San Jose currently has. I read several reports in the Inist library, two reports I got a lot of info were the reports written by last years Spartan Super Way team and a paper by Professor Furman, Automated Transit Networks (ATN): A Review of the State of the Industry and Prospects for the Future. These two gave me a more than basic understanding of what is going on.

In class that day, we gave a speech on what we learned and my topic was considering the safety of the ATNs. Designing the fail-safe is something I am interested in.

Afterwards, we broke off into different sections in relation to what we wanted to work on in the project. I met with others under the full-scale model and we talked about what is current and what needs to be done. Our large group was broken into subgroups, bogie, braking, fail-safe, suspension.

Throughout the week, I read more reports and spoke with classmates about our interests and ideas we can offer to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment